Short Meditation On How Our Saviour Did Send The Holy Ghost Upon His Disciples And Apostles Act.2.1 Fr. Vincenzo Bruno
Short Meditation On How Our Saviour Did Send The Holy Ghost Upon His Disciples And Apostles Act.2.1
1. Consider how after that our Savious was ascended into heaven, the most Blessed Virgin retired herself to Jerusalem, where more by her example then by words she did instruct and comfort the Christians, expecting the coming of the holy ghost which our Saviour had promised to send.
2. How the most Blessed Virgin and all the Apostles being together in a great room, and praying to almighty God, the holy Ghost came upon them, and appeared upon every one of them in form of fiery tongues.
3. How the holy Ghost did so inflame the hearts of the Apostles, that they preached the faith without any fear, seeking nothing more then the glory of God.
Let us learn,
1. To help our neighbours more by giving good example, then by fair words.
2. That prayer is a singular means to obtain the holy Ghost.
3. That if we do in our actions seek only the glory of God, it is a sign that the holy Ghost is in us.
An Abridgement of Medittions of the Life of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
Fr. Vincenzo Bruno