Short Meditation On The Assumption Of Our Blessed Lady
ANGELICO, Fra Reliquary
Of The Assumption Of Our Blessed Lady
1. Consider how the most Blessed Virgin, esteeming that her presence was no more necessary for the Church of God, which was then very much increased, did demand of God to depart this life, that she might be with her son in heaven.
2. How great joy and contentment she received, understanding by relation of an Angel, that her son our Saviour would fulfill her desire, and that he came now to receive her soul.
3. How her thrice happy soul three days after it was departed from the body, returned to reunite itself with the same; and so our Blessed Lady accompanied with Angels was, as some say, carried up into heaven.
Let us learn
1. To live here on earth a celestial life, if we desire to gain heave.
2. Not to make any designments in this life, and so we shall not be sorry, when we shall hear of death.
3. To receive God in our hearts at this present; and he will afterward receive us in heaven.