ACTS OF MAGNANIMITY
Virgin and Child with St John the Baptist and a Musician Angel
1. Our Lord is my Salvation, whom shall I fear? Our Lord is the protector of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? If Camps stand together against me, my heart shall not fear: If battles rise up against me, in thee will I hope.
2. Thou my Lord hast said, and true it is: He that shall save his life, shall lose it, and he that shall loose his life for thee, shall find it: why then should I fear, to loose my life for thee?
3. I desire my Lord with all my heart, in defense of the Catholic faith, which I profess, not only to die on death: but by the assistance of thy grace, to suffer all the deaths and torments, which all the Martyrs have suffered, from the beginning of the world until this day, the more to glorify thee.
4. Most dear Lord, I despise and contemn all vain honor, and applause of the world, and ambition of the Court, as things base and vile, and not worthy to be desired of any reasonable creature.
5. Give me dear Lord an heroic heart, and full of valor, that I may do works of perfection to thy honor.
6. Dear Lord, I wish I had the love of St. Paul, the patience of St. Job, and the contrition and sorrow for my sins, that had St. Mary Magdalen the more to please thee.
7. Most mighty Lord, since thou art in all places, and every where present, I resolve always to walk in thy presence, never to fear any thing but thee.
8. Most gracious Lord, all those difficulties which shall represent themselves unto me, in the gaining of virtue, I will embrace them with courage for thy love.
9. Sweet Jesu, the love of thee is as strong as death, and the jealousy and fear to loose thee, is as hard as hell: arm me dear Lord with thy love, and strengthen me with thy fear, and let both hell and death come fight against me.
Fr. Thomas Doughty 1623
ACTS OF OBEDIENCE
ACTS OF CHASTITY, AND CONTINENCY
ACTS OF POVERTY
ACTS OF PENANCE, OR CONTRITION
ACTS OF GRATITUDE
ACTS OF MAGNANIMITY
ACTS OF PERSEVERANCE
Post a Comment