Acts Of Perseverance
CLEVE, Joos van
Virgin and Child
1. Grant me most merciful Lord, that I may preserver in faithfully serving of thee this day and evermore.
2. Most faithful Lord, although I were to suffer thousand of evils for thy love, yet by the assistance of thy grace, I would never leave off to love and serve thee.
3. Hoping in the assistance of thy grace, although there should fall upon me all the calamities and miseries of the world, yet would I never give place to a thought, of yielding to contradict any one point of our Catholic faith.
4. Let me (dear Lord) rather die ten thousand deaths, then be separated from the unity of the Catholic Church.
5. Grant me (dear Lord) perseverance unto the end, in serving thee that I may be saved.
Fr. Thomas Doughty 1623
ACTS OF OBEDIENCE
ACTS OF CHASTITY, AND CONTINENCY
ACTS OF POVERTY
ACTS OF PENANCE, OR CONTRITION
ACTS OF GRATITUDE
ACTS OF MAGNANIMITY
ACTS OF PERSEVERANCE